The Aspect Of My Life

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Imbolc

It is peaceful here in Mexico Beach, far from the cement pavement, wooden fences and rules that applied at the Navarre park. They don't even have a credit card on file for me, trusting me to be who I am.

I am backed up to Pampas Grass, trees and swampy water with birds and squirrels as my neighbors. From the sign that reads "Do Not Feed the Alligators", there is also the possibility of a small gator in those waters.

Across the road is the Ocean, white sand beaches and shells, shells and more shells. There are also swinging benches and miles to walk with few people in sight.

It is an adjustment, this solitude. It is also Imbolc, and a time of replenishment, a time to "recharge our psychic batteries as the entire Universe begins to quiver and pulse its cosmic rhythm".

I am burning candles this day, an outer reflection of the inner intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment