The Aspect Of My Life

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Julia Child and Emory

So, this woman across from me walks over wearing a Pampered Chef apron and carrying a glass of red wine. She is in the process of making beef bourguignon, a Julia Child recipe. I continue to be amazed how much cooking people living in RVs actually do, and the challenges this presents and the lengths they must go to in pursuit of mastering a fine meal.

She and her husband are living in a Chariot, which I have never seen nor heard of, but it looks like a semi-truck front motorhome. I had to take a tour, which was very interesting, and then of course, she had to send over a plate of the beef bourguignon when it was completed. Once again, no need for me to cook as I am the recipient of a fabulous meal. Love how that continues to manifest for me:).

Completely stuffed, I decided to take a walk around the park and met up with Emory, the most eccentric Aquarian I have ever met, and I have met a few. He used to be a "suit", has been a gambler in Vegas and Mississippi, was a re-enactor of the Civil War, wears a plastic Donald Duck figure around his neck, has more animal skins in his RV than you can count, has a flyswatter that looks a bit like a homemade tomahawk, and the list goes on and on. When I met him yesterday he was reading a book on Egyptology. He has amazing stories that fill a life time and I enjoy hanging out with him for brief periods of time.

I continue to find the people in this park fascinating. Such a wide array of characters.

I think I have to stay another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment