The Aspect Of My Life

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Soggy Sunday

Another wet one today but perfect to hole up in the recreation room and watch the football playoffs. Football is one of my passions, seemingly at odds with the path I walk, but I can watch a full day of football and never get enough. It was wonderful to have the recreation room all to myself, to cheer my team on and pace around the room as the Saints looked like they may not win. But, way to go Saints!, we have been waiting a long time.

To date, I am the only one I have met that is not traveling with a TV. I am an oddity not only because I am a single woman traveling alone, but also because I do not have a pet or a TV. Also, as of right now, I do not have a microwave. I have learned that I need so very little in the way of "comforts". I do love having my laptop and an ample supply of books to read, but I may even be able to do without those if I had to. What I am really missing right now are trees and mountains and their beautiful faces and I am longing to sit within a grove of trees. I have made a daily ritual of communing with the Santa Rosa Sound, but I still miss my trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment