The Aspect Of My Life

Friday, January 8, 2010

Community

I am living within a community. This has been on my list of "possibilities" for awhile, I just didn't expect it to show up in this particular version.

My experience of RVers has been that they are very friendly, very helpful, and happy to share road warrior tales. With the frigid weather that we have been living with for the past week, the community has come together to share insulation, tips to prevent hoses from freezing, hearty welcomes each morning and homemade manicotti. It feels like the type of neighborhoods we used to enjoy, where you sit on your porch or meander down the street and talk to all your neighbors about their kids, what's for dinner, the weather, etc.

The weather was warm yesterday so I washed Winnie. So many people stopped to chat, tell me what a good job I was doing, could I come wash their rig?? People have time on their hands, their is no hurrying off to a job, no particular place to be. They walk their dogs, watch the park activities, notice who is new, who has moved on, do laundry, take out the garbage, enjoy the sunshine...

I had envisioned myself traveling from community to community, and here it is. Whodda thunk???

No comments:

Post a Comment