The Aspect Of My Life

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Twilight Zone


One of my favorite TV shows growing up was the Twilight Zone.  How could you not love a show that was in black and white and asked you to expand the consciousness of your mind, to journey into "the dimension of imagination".  And my favorite episode was Time Enough at Last.

It was the ironic twist at the end that left such a lasting impression.  I struggled with its after effects and lay sleepless at night wondering what such a world would feel like, to be so totally alone, isolated, as I tried to create a different scenario.

It feels a bit like that now as I have piles of books waiting to be read.  Just like the episode, I want to create stacks of them, but I also want to smell them and breathe them in, journey into the dimension of the imagination, never to return.  Time enough at last to read with no interruptions, nothing to pull me away, only the sun and sparkling swimming pool as diversions.  Like Mr. Bemis, I am a Reader.

Time at last...

3 comments:

  1. Also a favorite episode of mine. Of course, to dilute the irony, he could have just found an optical shop somewhere in town. Nobody would stop him from finding some glasses that would work. Or, a magnifying glass. Still, the episode was well presented, and the irony holds.

    Enjoy your books! I recently got a Nook reader, and have downloaded almost two hundred books, many for free. I carry a library with me at all times! It is wonderful, and I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great episode. Burgess Meredith, right? Well, maybe your ironic twist is having stacks of books to smell, but your smeller isn't working. It doesn't have the punch of a nuclear holocaust, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that was the episode. And thanks for the my laugh of the day:).

    And Michael, I am seriously considering a Kindle.

    ReplyDelete