The Aspect Of My Life

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back to the ER

My face continued to swell and the redness continued to spread.  As much as I resisted, I was concerned enough to make a return trip to the ER.  This time we went to a different hospital just in case I would need to stay overnight.  My mom thought it best to have me and Dan at least in the same hospital:).

For this visit I saw an actual doctor and she prescribed a stronger antibiotic which I am now taking along with the other antibiotic.  This doctor was beautiful, I told her I loved her (yes, I really did:)) and she also emphasized the need to watch for any further swelling and spreading, telling me to come back tonight if necessary.  She also told me she did not want to "cut my face", so that is enough incentive to keep a close watch and not take any chances if it looks to be getting worse.

So I am now taking two antibiotics, pain meds, anti-nausea meds and ibuprofen and I was finally able to eat something.  Feeling the best I have felt in a few days, I think the food helped, and off to the hospital again tomorrow.  Seems to be my new residence.

4 comments:

  1. You were right to return to a hospital. Cellulitis can be very serious indeed as you are discovering.

    I know exactly what you mean about the medical establishment (I've been a nurse for 25 years) but this is a case where conservative medical treatment is warranted.

    My thoughts are with you .... Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are going through this, but I'm glad you're under medical care and hopefully improving. I've never minded going to the doctor, I must be weird. I have Kaiser and trust them, they have been very good to me, but when I travel I'll have to change, since they are in California only.
    I hope you have a good night and sleep well and wake up feeling much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Susan, Please get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get better soon. Hope everything will be alright. I worked as a Respiratory Therapist for 20 years and hospitals are full of good people that want to help.

    ReplyDelete