The Aspect Of My Life

Sunday, March 11, 2012

What Is Reality

Sign Leaving The Slabs
I left the Slabs on Saturday, a day earlier than anticipated.  The weather in the North West is quite unstable and I am trying to find that perfect window of opportunity to get me over the mountain passes.  Time will tell if the earlier departure proves advantageous.

I drove to Bakersfield and spent the night.  Best Shower Ever!  I also did some laundry and watched a little TV.  I also watched how much TV everyone else seemed to be watching.

I loved not having TV while at the Slabs.  I loved live music, live people and live conversations.  I loved that there were so many single people after meeting so many couples in my travels.

More about all of this tomorrow.  I am hunkered down in Red Bluff, CA waiting out the storms but will be here at least one more night.  I put in an 8 hour drive today so will wait till my mind is fresher.  And, I have more pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I bet that was a great shower. You made me smile over that one.

    When I got home from TT I had to take Fred right to the groomers. He was filthy and it was like pure mud coming off him. I know I could have bathed him but his nails needed cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susan,

    I am a long time lurker, but don't comment much. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your evocative descriptions of The Slabs. Very "alive!"

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete