The Aspect Of My Life

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Ok Mom, I get it.  This is what it must have felt like for you all those times.

 All those times when you were excited about my visit, looking forward to some special event or just the arrival of your children.  And you waited and waited.

You waited because I was off playing somewhere, off living my life knowing that you would be there no matter when I showed up.  I am sure you waited untold hours while dinner grew cold and your excitement started to wane, waiting and waiting.....

Ok, I get it.  Doesn't make it any easier for me as I sit here and wait, or, maybe it does.  For it seems I have the same type of child.

Thank you mother, for always being there no matter when I showed up.  And I bet you are laughing right now.  How many times did you say you hoped that someday I had a child just like me :).

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to that.
    Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if he didn't show up, I'm sure he was thinking about you. He knows you love him, even if he doesn't show up, and that's a good thing. Still... I hope you had a nice Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did show up; not in time for breakfast, not in time for lunch but in time for dinner and sunset. It was all worth the wait.

      Delete