The Aspect Of My Life

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Perfection

Every now and then I feel my life with such perfection that it takes my breath away.  Tonight was one of those times.

The sky was huge, wide and dark, with an endless array of stars and other worldly ships that I do not believe were satellites.  They glided through the sky with silence and splendor and I watched them until they blinked out of sight.

I sat in hot mineral springs that soothed my body and looked out upon the Rio Grande as I watched a man paddle by standing upon his surf board.

I listened to achingly beautiful music as a father and son shared their love of music with the small crowd gathered outdoors and reveled in the perfect evening.

It was a night of perfection.  It was a night where I felt like I was 20 years old again and the world offered endless possibilities.

It was a night where I remembered my love of this land called New Mexico.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to feel.

    I was staying with a dear old friend in England once. She is in her 80's, legally blind, and she was doing the cooking for herself and me. We had breakfast of a Sunday morning, after having burnt the toast three times in her broiler (did didn't have anything like a toaster). We finished the dishes together and sat in the lounge to await a pick-up for church.

    She turned to me and said, "Isn't it nice to be ready AND WAITING." And that simple little statement has stayed with my for a good many years..... It's wonderful to simply be IN the Moment and aware of all that's good about like, all that's right with life and your place in it.

    I've shared a lot of those perfection moments since then and am always glad to hear when others have found that same special place.

    Cheers,
    Peter
    http://peterpazucha.com/wp/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome feeling. And to feel 20 again and appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete