The Aspect Of My Life

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Florence, Oregon

Port of Siuslaw, Florence
I didn't want to leave Eugene.  I had such a wonderful time reconnecting with friends and making new friends and spending time with my son...well, it was just a challenge to leave.

But then I landed in Florence on the Oregon coast and thoughts of Eugene slowly flitted away.  Maria has purchased a home in Florence which makes things even better.  When the weather is good there is nothing like being on the coast.  However, I was not prepared for the wind and rain when it came roaring in.  Maria and I were off looking at RVs and thankfully we returned to Minnie just in time to reel in the awning that I had erroneously left rolled out.  The awning suffered a minor tear and through some kindness on Stan's part and some repair tape, the awning will survive a few more years.

Stan the Man
I found an RV that I really like.  It is 27', has two slides, an entertainment center over the cab and so much more storage.  The price is right, it has low mileage and is also a Minnie Winnie.  I have been pondering whether I really want to commit to a new home and part with my beloved Minnie. 

While I was sitting outside today enjoying the beautiful weather a car pulled up and parked right next to where I was sitting.  They are very interested in Minnie and after I gave them a tour they are even more interested in buying her.  I have asked for things to come to me, and it appears they are:).  Even more interestingly they are from a town by the name of Merlin.  The significance of this is not lost on me and now the ball is back in my court.

 I need to sleep on it and take another more serious look at the 27' because at this point, I really don't know what to do.

3 comments:

  1. My grandparents on my mother's side lived their last years together in Florence. They really enjoyed the town and the ocean.

    Very interesting, your opportunity. I look forward to the conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW 27' 2 slides. Hmm sounds comfy to me. That is something I could live full time in.
    I wish you the best in your choice.

    You sure are in a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 26 foot class C and it is very comfortable - space wise. Hope you get what you want.

    ReplyDelete