The Aspect Of My Life

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Repairs

The light over my vanity sink went out.  Seemed like an easy fix, just put in a new bulb.   That didn't work even though I tried two different bulbs so it looked like I might need a new light switch.  I needed some other work done as well so I called in the mobile repair service.

I am embarrassed to say that it actually was just a new light bulb that was needed but who whoulda thought there were two nipple and one nipple bulbs that look exactly alike??  Looks like I have a supply of incorrect bulbs so that is now on my list of things to buy.  Even though I felt like a fool when the light came on with a new bulb, it was good to learn something new.

He also replaced the electric board in my heater and put in a new thermostat so I am ready for winter when it rolls around again.  The last thing on my list was to re-caulk around my kitchen sink where the caulking had started to peel away.

He was here for an hour, completed my list of repairs and charged me less than $200.  The heater board was used, not new, but I am still thinking it was not a bad deal.  After all, gaining new knowledge is priceless.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the bulb did the trick! Those mobile repair services are great and the price seemed reasonable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most mobile repair services I've had were pretty expensive. I think your cost seems reasonable.

    ReplyDelete