The Aspect Of My Life

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Party's Over

Me and Maria Wearing Our Tie-Dye
Maria left on Monday.  In her absence it is very quiet and at the same time very peaceful. 

The time we spent together was some of the best I have had in years.  It was wonderful to have a girlfriend to go shopping with, have our nails done and just have fun.  I loved being able to open my window each morning knowing Maria would be right outside with all her dogs and some type of activity planned for the day.  It is rare and wonderful when each moment of life is so savored.  Todd even came back for a return visit, bringing his parents with him.  Now the three of us are scattered in different parts of the world, but I doubt we will soon forget this time we spent together.

It is also time for me to prepare for my own departure.  Originally I was going to leave on Saturday, but looking at the weather I am now planning on Friday.  I have said all my good-byes, shared a last meal with my son and started packing.

Time to head on down the road.

1 comment:

  1. But you have wonderful memories of your stay. Thats what is so great we make so many new memories and friends along the way.

    ReplyDelete