The Aspect Of My Life

Sunday, May 22, 2011

One Down

Just finished my first 20 hour week.  I am exhausted but glad I had those first few days where it was quiet so I could start to remember all the things I have forgotten.  Next weekend I will need to actually work.

My weekend neighbors have packed up and left for the week and it is once again quiet.  I came home Saturday night to a gourmet meal of prime rib, shrimp, new potatoes, veggies, pie and a roaring fire.  Such fabulous neighbors that I wish I had more time to spend with them during the weekends.  I work 8 hours on Friday and Saturday so by the time I come home on Saturday night I feel somewhat drained with another 4 hours to work on Sunday.  Not only am I working on Sundays this year, but I am working an earlier shift, 10 AM - 2 PM, so that may prove to be a bit of a challenge.  Other than that, I do not regret coming back for another summer at the Hood as it feels comfortable and much calmer than last year.

One 20 hour shift done, more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it. And, wow, what a feast your neighbors cooked. I wouldn't mind coming home to that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have your RV, maybe we will meet one day. But it won't be me cooking that meal:).

    ReplyDelete