The Aspect Of My Life

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oops, I Did It Again

Dang!  I knew better, but I left my GPS plugged into the cigarette lighter and when I went to check Minnie for the next leg down the road, the battery was dead.

I purchased a new battery within the last year and should have learned my lesson, but seems I needed to repeat it one more time.  So this time I paid to have an RV repairman come and got some much needed education as to what drains my motor battery and how to prevent it in the future.  In came Manny to the rescue.
 












Yes, leaving the GPS plugged in will drain the battery.  There are a few other things in the coach that will also pull from the motor battery.  Lesson learned.

So I now have a battery charger that will stay connected to the car battery whenever I am stationary and I will never again loose my "power".

Manny also checked my house battery and the good news is that it is fine so no more added expense for now.  Whew!  It feels so good to have a bit more knowledge under my belt.
My new battery charger

No comments:

Post a Comment