The Aspect Of My Life

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Benny

Last night, for the first time, I entered my son's world.

My son spins music and was playing at a local venue.  Even though he didn't start playing until 10:45 PM, I didn't want to miss this opportunity to ride the vibrations of his music and so my friend Pamela and I put in a very late night.

It was as if I was allowed to hear and know the planet that he comes from, on a level that I never expected to experience.  And having been allowed entry, I will never see him the same way again.  I just don't know how to explain it.  Thankfully my friend Pamela could experience it in the same way I did.  None of the other music seemed to compare.

I watched him dance and interact with his peers.  This child of mine who for a brief moment I did not recognize, and now know so fully.

I feel honored to have played a part in the being he has become.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. What kind of music does your son spin, what kind of dancing, and I never did hear back from you about my question about the do pudding thing.

    ReplyDelete