But the weather was sublime here on the Oregon coast so I stepped outside my door.....walked a 1/4 of a mile down the road....and walked into a Perfect Day.
|The Dock at Brookings, Oregon|
1. I purchased a beautiful bead bracelet for $1
2. Had divine conversation with a beautiful woman as we shared our hearts with one another. I love those moments of connection, where you are authentically seen. I saw her, and she saw me and we hugged as we parted, total strangers only a few moments ago.
3. A micro-brew and good conversation with the man who brewed the beer and was also a massage therapist.
4. A gift of some of the best fried shrimp I have ever tasted, compliments of the food vendor next to the beer brewer.
5. Held and snuggled a 6 week old Peek-a-Poo puppy. Fell in love! Maybe the dog for me?
6. Browsed a real bookstore and more conversation, this time with the lady who owned the store. She is loosing her sight and must cut down on her book reading. We shared our love for books and talked about the haunting episode of the Twilight Zone where the man steps on his glasses. If you have seen the episode, you will know which one we talked about. Haunting! I bought two books and a paisley patterned coloring book.
7. An Umpqua mint chocolate chip ice cream cone.
I walked home with a pretty big smile on my face, thinking I had just experienced one of those perfect days. I had turned my "frownie brownie" into a "smiley eyely", my heart was young and buoyant again and it no longer mattered what my old arms had to say.