The Aspect Of My Life

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Whirl Wind

It has been a whirlwind lately and I can scarcely keep up with the days as they fly by.

My last day of work in Truth or Consequences was Thursday, May 30th and I left the next day and headed to Santa Fe for the night.  The winds blew me into Santa Fe Skies RV Park (http://www.santafeskiesrvpark.com/) which was a very nice park but the winds made it impossible to do anything other than stay in my RV.  When I left the next morning I drove through the smoke from the Pecos fire which at that time was 0% contained.  The area was so beautiful and green after my many months on the desert and I wondered how much damage was being done to those trees as I sped through 20 miles of smoke.  It was a bit unsettling but as soon as I got through the smoke the roads opened up and it was a beautiful day to be driving and listening to my new love...Sirius radio.  How did I ever live without it????


Now That's An Open Road!

Not Often You Find a Tribute to Women
Next stop was Colorado and a two night stop at the Garden of the Gods RV Resort (http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/gardenofthegods-colorado/).  I wasn't that impressed with the park but my neighbors from Leaf Verde RV Park (which was just awarded the Arizona RV Park of the year award) are workamping there and I wanted to stop and visit.  Jean and I had a wonderful day together in Manitou Springs where we ate, drank and shopped.  Oh, and I just had to visit one of the medicinal marijuana dispensaries.  It is not as open and available as I thought it would be but come January 2014 there will be no problem walking in and sampling the many varieties.  They told me to come back in January:).

Manitou Springs, CO
Lunch at the Keg


Best Strawberry Margarita I Ever Sipped

Gotta Have Your Paperwork

This Cowboy Bell Woke Me Far Too Many Times!!!!  The RV Park Served Dinner and Pancake Breakfast on Sunday Morning.....Who Wants to Hear This Thing on a Sunday Morning at 8:00 AM?????

But the Bar-B-Que Was Delicious and Those Were True Southern Greenbeans
After two nights in Colorado I drove north and spent the night in Cheyenne, WY.  I got in just ahead of a storm that blew 50 mph winds and when I saw those nasty dark clouds rolling in I pulled in my slide.  I have learned my lesson and when I start to experience winds that strong I just roll in my slide and take no chances on another ripped awning.  Dang all this wind!

And now I am in Rapid City, SD with more wind!   Once again I got in just ahead of the strongest gusts but 22-25 mph winds seem to be my new normal.  I am in Rapid City because I have finally gotten around to changing residency and I now have a new address and as of tomorrow will have a South Dakota driver's license and will soon have new vehicle plates.  America's Mailbox (http://www.americas-mailbox.com/) makes it extremely easy to walk through the process and with only one night's stay, although I am staying two nights, you can become a resident and no longer pay tax on your personal income.  Sorry Oregon, I loved you, but your 9% tax was just too much. 

After South Dakota I have around a month to fill before joining the Kaypacha Festival (http://kaypachahealingfest.com/) so I will be heading back to Colorado to hang for awhile.  I love Colorado and am excited about a longer visit.
Pikes Peak Way In the Distance With Very Strange Cloud Above It
And now even though it is only 8:30 PM, I am exhausted and ready for bed.  The whirl and the wind have had their way with me.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete